Thursday, April 26, 2012

the perfect day

Yesterday was my dream work day that I'm so excited to share with you. It started off with a sewing lesson by my friend's mom who is an amazing sewer. I have wanted to learn how to sew for probably 10 years now and bought a sewing machine last summer and really never touched it. So as you can imagine this was an awesome morning for me! Cindi was an amazing teacher as most of our lesson consisted of talking about what goes into designing clothes- patterns, draping, pinning, ironing, fabrics, etc. There is so much more then just the sewing part which I learned is really only about 10% of actually making a piece. I am going to start my first project this weekend and I'm nervous, but so excited! My goal is to start a stella valle clothing line one day:) Check out some pictures I took from Cindi's unbelievable craft room that I aspire to have one day (and this isn't even a quarter of it)....it is seriously heaven!!




 Then my day proceeded by visiting one of our favorite boutiques, Pink Jewels in Livingston, NJ for a trunk show. Marie, the owner, has become a dear friend and is such an inspiration as she left her teaching job after a few years to open her dream store. She is a very young business owner and we love her hard work and great style!

After our trunk show I went to the Bloomingdale's best customer event and caught their fashion show showcasing the hottest spring/summer trends. Maybe after our trunk show in June, Bloomies will rock some stella valle jewelry for the Fall fashion show...how fun would that be:) Mark it on your calendars June 13th & 14th to come see us in Bridgewater, NJ!


1 comment:

  1. yay! This day included me and I recognize those pens up there!

    ReplyDelete